Monday 25 August 2014

NO-MAKEUP MAKEUP EP PSA



All my life I have been held back; tried to follow the rules; tried to stay out of trouble. Then I realize trouble finds you wherever you ARE, the “life is too short” reality dawns on me, hits me harder than a Mayweather punch. Then my mind tells me to get it whiles I can and I go with my instincts. Yall are prolly wondering, “What the hell is he talking about”. You will understand when you get to the end of the passage.
The music I do has become more personal and realer than I ever thought it could be. I can’t bring myself to do anything that is not in direct correlation with my current situation. Hip Hop is my first love, it will always be but sometimes I can’t express myself with it. I feel like I am in a box. I need a larger medium to narrate my story so I call Sergio and explain to him. I go to the studio and we make magic. Now I am feeling like David Copperfield but as I am doing this ‘other’ kind of music, a part of me is still stuck/trapped in the past. So I tell Sergio to help me choose beats from the internet and record all the bars that are coming to my head as I am in my new ‘field’.
Long story short, I have put all these bars recorded in a tape, for the fans of my rap. There are 5 songs on the tape and it is called ‘NO-MAKEUP MAKEUP EP’. The name is explained in the first two lines of the tape; “Real music in your face like makeup// but this no be makeup this is real as hell//”. When I was recording, all that was in my mind was “just be real, natural and raw” but the music is coming in your face like makeup. For my other fans who fell in love with me because of ‘Party’, Im pleased to announce that my first radio single is ready and will be released soon after the tape. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment